Best Travel Gifts 2017 (and a few discount codes just for you!)
For those times when a plane ticket is out of your budget…
Just in time for you fellow shopping procrastinators, but good for any time of the year…here are my top picks for the traveler in your life. (Because who doesn’t love stylish travel gifts?)
We all know that experiences > things. But we all need some things. These items all bring me a little bit of joy. I hope they do the same for you.
Flight Care Package
The idea is to give a little bit of luxury. Make them feel first class, (even if they aren’t sitting up there.)
Some ideas of what to put in it…
- Cocktail Kit
- Hand lotion
- Face mist
- Fancy socks – treat those feet
<< women’s :: or :: men’s <<
- Water bottles for on-the-go
<< fancy :: or :: practical <<
And if you’re feeling super generous, throw in a little travel-sized hand sanitizer. You’ll make somebody’s day.
- Mapiful << these are beautiful…can I have five?
- French Words boutique << for the Francophile in your life.
- Food Maps << from Jodi of Legal Nomads.
They pack up small, and they are a great way to inspire the walls at home with a favorite place abroad.
- Favorite city, state, or phrase clothing
- City-themed home decor, such as pillows, coasters, or more prints
- A pretty calendar with cities around the world.
- A map-inspired pillow to show the travel love at home.
Really, just anything that shows their favorite city but is subtle and stylish. Just search for the city + shirt/pillow/print for more options.
- Near and Far: Recipes Inspired by Home and Travels
<< if I was ever to write a cookbook, this is exactly how I would do it. This woman beat me to it, but she does a gorgeous job (and lives in SF.)
- Hartwood: Bright, Wild Flavors from the Edge of the Yucatán
<< a favorite restaurant in Tulum, food from the Yucatan! A stunning book.
- Vegetarian India: A Journey Through the Best of Indian Home Cooking
<< by the Indian equivalent of Julia Child, I don’t know anyone who has been to India who doesn’t want to learn how to cook good Indian food at home.
- My Paris Kitchen
<< a beautiful, well-loved book by American in Paris + chef David Leibovitz.
I don’t know that many people who love to travel who don’t also love to eat. Two birds, meet one stone.
Travel Accessories That Win
And win people over. (These are for the ladies. Sorry, can’t stop the pretty.)
- Passport covers: one … two … three
- Luggage tags (matches passport cover one!)
- Travel wallet (on sale)
- Turkish towel (use code ‘driftfreely’ for 10% off)
- Custom leather travel accessories (with monogram!)
Because if all else fails, you can never go too wrong with a beautiful passport cover or luggage tag.
Update: I just found this globe with a bar hidden inside. Win.
If the person you’re giving to doesn’t yet have a mobile charging device or global wifi, you just became their new favorite person. Yes, you can give the gift of wifi anywhere (use code ‘parttimetraveler’ for 10% off.)
Happy Holidays <3 And remember guys! It’s not about the things. Being present with someone is the best possible present.
Plane tickets still don’t hurt, though.
Please note that this post is not sponsored in any way, though there are some affiliate links sprinkled throughout. Thank you for your support!
Looking to drop a hint this year? Lol. Pin this:
PS: All I want for Xmas is for you to check out my poor neglected Instagram. Getting ready to re-launch this week with new pictures from Thailand and China. Please say hello when you do!